Baldur's Gate

A journal through one of the best CRPG's of all times.

Shank

I'm on my way to the haystack and someone calls me from inside a house. Probably another fool who needs me to do some chore for him.







He tries to stab me. I have not memorized the magic missile spell to cast on him. I have no time to cast the protection from evil spell. I must use the dagger.



He stabs me twice, but I manage to thrust my dagger into his throat. He sinks to the floor like a sack of potatoes.



I take his knife. I am injured from the stabbing. Nothing serious but I am bleeding. I have to run to the House of Healing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Morion said...

Here I see how vulnerable is my character at the beginning. The first time I run into Shank I get killed. I have to reload from a saved game and the second time I manage to survive.

My proficiency with the dagger pays off. I hit him two out of three attacks and the last one is a critical hit that kills him.

On the other hand, he hits me two out of three attacks as well and I lose half of my health.

12/18/2005 10:29:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home